Introduction to STEAM Olympiad 2022
We are presenting the "STEAM Olympiad". This is a platform for innovators focused on solving real-world problems based on their daily life experience, executing in the present for a better future.
The objective of "STEAM Olympiad" is to find solutions that solve real problems and/or create meaningful co-innovation opportunities. We want the young innovators of India to come up with new ideas to solve the problem of the community and encourage the involvement in innovation and technology.Apply Now
Theme of STEAM Olympiad 2022
Build Today for Tomorrow
This environment sustainability competition challenges you to seek new ways to support the transition to sustainability. Students research complex topics related to sustainability, then innovate technologies, designs, or plans to mobilize behaviour. Team must prepare their model on above theme.
Participants are supposed to compete with their project, concepts and innovative ideas. All the Futuristic, creative, innovative, sustainable or development projects are welcome. Projects which synchronize with the current needs of the environment and have the potential to disrupt the current course of technology will be awarded.
Compliance with all event rules is mandatory. It is expected that competitors stay within the rules and procedures of their own accord and do not require constant policing.
- Each team must have only 3 participants.
- Students can be from any grade from 6-12.
- Any number of teams can participate from the same school.
- A team must consist of students from the same school.
- All participants will get certificates and winner will be awarded by the Organizer.
- Participants will present their projects along with the working model and supporting documents to the Jury and the Jury will evaluate the projects on the parameters discussed below. Most innovative projects will receive awards and recognition.
- All teams must be present and ready for the presentation within ten (10) minutes of the first announcement. A Team's failure to appear within this time frame is considered a loss for that Team. Additional delay may be permitted by the organisers, at their discretion.
- Each team will get a maximum of 3-5minutes for the presentation. A panel of 2 jury members will visit the stall of each team individually and will grade each project individually.
- Any team without a working model will be disqualified.
- Teams could bring a complete detailed project report and charts to explain their project with the help of diagrams, algorithm and flow charts.
- Team scoring the maximum points in the final round will be nominated as the winner of the competition.
- Teams must bring a multi-plug port for their convenience.
- In case of any disputes/discrepancies, the organizers’ decision will be final and binding. The organizers reserve the right to change/alter any of the above rules as they deem fit.
- Participants who misbehave may be asked to leave the competition area and risk being disqualified from the contest.
- Change in rule, if any, will be notified on the website.
- All working models must be powered by portable battery sources and teams must carry spare batteries. Due to a large number of participations and risk of the short circuit, Organizers may or may not provide external power sources like batteries and AC power source for charging or any other purpose.
- Project concept and objective
- Project Design and Construction
- Implementation and feasibility in the market.
- Development Scope
- Scope of innovation, creativity & uniqueness
- User Experience
- People Score
All the projects will be evaluated on the following listed categories and will be judged individually by the team of 2 jury members. Maximum points for each scoring category will be 50. First 8 points shall be scored out of 5 i.e., 5*8 and 10 points shall be given based on the score given by the people available. Their individual score out of 10 will be averaged & added in the score out of 40 given by jury.
Criteria for Victory
Team scoring maximum points after adding scores of both the jury members and people score will be declared as winner of the Build Today for Tomorrow.
- Prizes of total worth Rs. 2 Lacs
- Participation certificate for all participants
- Chance to get free internship
- Chance to commercialize your project idea with the help of ABL Education team and many more
Structure of Competition
- Registration: Online submission of form fees and all documents.
- Idea submission: Submit their project file.
- Digital showcase of ABL social media and voting.
- Showcase: Team has to present their project on the day of the event.
- Winner will be announced on the same day of the competition.
- Zonal winners have to come for finals in Noida.
- A team of students (from ATL or Non-ATL schools) can submit their entries in the STEAM Olympiad.
- Registration fees are non-refundable & non transferrable.
- To know detail about theme you can go through rules given below.
- ATL In-Charge, School Teachers, Mentors of Change and Alumni may support the student teams.
- Please note, you should fill the form carefully and correctly, in case of incomplete or incorrect information entered in the form, your entry may be disqualified.
- Technical presentation will be held on the same day of the Olympiad.
- After the last date of registration, the team has to post a video of the project on our Facebook page "www.facebook.com/ablsteamolympiad". You will get bonus points based on social media voting.
- There will be different venues for the STEAM Olympiad in different zones, you can select your nearby venue.
- Presentation can be in Hindi or English.
By applying in the STEAM Olympiad, you agree to all the above Terms and Conditions
Register for STEAM Olympiad 2022
Pay for Registration
Please use the same phone number to pay which is shared in the Registration form for better tracking of payments.